Rovos Rail: Victoria Falls
- 6 Days
- From £1,899
- South Africa
- A 3-night luxury rail cruise from Pretoria to Victoria Falls
- Enjoy a game drive at Hwange National Park in Zimbabwe
- Spend a full day in Victoria Falls, with plenty of options for exploration
- Fly back to Johannesburg for a connection home or onward travel in South Africa
- Decide when you would like to travel
- Upgrade hotels and rail journeys
- Add extra nights, destinations and/or tours
- A 3-night journey with Rovos Rail in a Pullman Cabin, including all meals, drinks and a game drive at Hwange Park
- 4* hotel accommodation in Victoria Falls with breakfast
- Transfers from station to hotel and hotel to airport in Victoria Falls
- A flight from Victoria Falls to Johannesburg at the end of your stay
- Clearly-presented wallets for your rail tickets, hotel vouchers and other documentation
- All credit card surcharges and complimentary delivery of your travel documents
Check in at Rovos Rail station in Pretoria this morning and mingle with your fellow guests in one of the lounge cars as you head out of the city on your luxurious journey to Zimbabwe. Lunch is served in the dining cars as your journey takes you through Warmbaths (named for its mineral waters) and Nylstroom.
Later, the train passes along the edge of the escarpment where the Highveld drops precipitously. Afternoon tea is served in the lounge cars and then it’s time to dress for dinner as the train crosses the Tropic of Capricorn en route to the Zimbabwean border.
Enjoy a leisurely start today, with breakfast served in the dining cars until 10am. The train travels along the BBR railway line via West Nicholson and then through Bulawayo, the industrial capital of Zimbabwe, as you are served lunch.
Watch the passing landscapes from the observation car with its outdoor area or simply relax over afternoon tea in the lounge car this afternoon. Dinner is served back in the restaurant cars as you travel on towards Mpopoma.
Breakfast is served in the dining cars when you are ready and then, after a morning at leisure, enjoy a delicious lunch prepared on board using local ingredients as the train travels along one of the world’s longest straight stretches of railway line between Gwaai and Dete.
Mid-afternoon, you will disembark at Kennedy Siding for an exhilarating game drive in Hwange National Park, the largest natural reserve in Zimbabwe. Back onboard, dinner is served in the restaurant cars as you head towards Thompsons Junction.
Breakfast is served from 7am this morning and you arrive at the end of your unforgettable rail journey in Victoria Falls at around 10am. Once you have disembarked, you will be met at the station by a private transfer, which will take you to your hotel, A Zambezi Lodge (or similar), where you have a 2-night stay.
Enjoy a day at leisure in Victoria Falls. The UNESCO World Heritage listed waterfall is the known as the world’s largest based on its combined width and height, resulting in the largest falling sheet of water in the world. You can view it on a tour, swim up to the edge at the Devils Pools or for the best view point, take an unforgettable helicopter flight over the area.
We can also arrange safaris into the nearby Chobe National Park in Botswana or cruises along the Zambezi River. With so much to do, you may want to add another night or two here!
It’s time to leave Victoria Falls today. Check out of your hotel and meet your private transfer driver in the hotel lobby. You will be taken to Victoria Falls Airport for your flight back to Johannesburg.
If you would like to add additional nights in Victoria Falls, or flights to and from the UK, please call for details. This Rovos Rail journey can also be combined with the Rovos Rail or Blue Train journeys from Cape Town to Pretoria.
Typical hotels on this itinerary
A’Zambezi River Lodge occupies a stunning location on the banks of the Zambezi River, close to the Zambezi River Cruise Terminal. All bedrooms come with flat-screen TV, complimentary Wi-Fi internet access, and a private bathroom with bathrobes and slippers. There are two restaurants to choose from as well as an outdoor swimming pool, a wellness area and a bar.