Prague and the Orient Express
- 5 Days
- From £2,599
- Czech Republic
- Fly into the Czech Republic
- The City of Spires: historic capital Prague
- Overnight journey back to London aboard the unforgettable Venice Simplon-Orient-Express
- Departures: 14 October 2020, 29 May & 16 October 2021
- Take the train to Prague
- Adapt the route to suit your plans
- Upgrade hotels and rail journeys
- Add extra nights, destinations and/or tours
- Flight with BA from London to Prague
- Private transfer Prague Airport to Hotel
- 3 nights’ handpicked hotel accommodation with breakfast
- Venice Simplon-Orient-Express in a double cabin from Prague to London
- City maps and comprehensive directions to your hotels
- Clearly-presented wallets for your rail tickets, hotel vouchers and other documentation
- All credit card surcharges and complimentary delivery of your travel documents
Fly to Prague from London City Airport and meet your driver who will take you to the Boutique Hotel Constans (or similar) for a 3-night stay. Other departure airports are available. Please call for details.
TMR RECOMMENDS: Why not extend your holiday and make your journey to Prague by train? You can travel via Erfurt or Nuremberg with an overnight stop (or two) en route.
Nicknamed ‘the City of a Hundred Spires’, Prague has an illustrious history dating back a thousand years. Its medieval castle has been the seat of Bohemian kings, Holy Roman Emperors and to this day, the president of the Czech Republic.
Other attractions include the stunning Old Town with its famous Astronomical Clock as well as the funicular cableway up to Petrin Hill for fabulous city views.
Spend another morning in Prague and then, in the early afternoon, board the magnificent Venice Simplon-Orient-Express for your overnight journey back to London. After a welcome glass of sparking wine, take afternoon tea and pastries in your cabin as you watch the changing scenery pass by your window.
In the evening, it’s time to dress up for a sumptuous 4-course dinner, followed perhaps by a night cap in the inviting bar car before returning to your cabin for the night.
A continental breakfast is brought to you by your steward to enjoy in your cabin today.
Later in the morning, enjoy a sumptuous brunch in the restaurant cars as you travel on towards the English Channel. In Folkestone, the British Pullman is waiting to take you back to London. You will be served a traditional afternoon tea accompanied by a glass of English sparkling wine, before arriving into London Victoria station.
Typical hotel on this itinerary
The Boutique Hotel Constans occupies three historic buildings dating back to the 16th century. The location of this hotel, just below Prague Castle, is off the main tourist routes, whilst still within easy walking distance of attractions including the Charles Bridge and the Old Town Square. Guest rooms are modern and comfortable, with complimentary Wi-Fi internet access.
Upgrade your accommodation
Located in a converted 14th century monastery beneath Prague Castle, this stunning hotel offers luxurious accommodation, close to all the sights of the city. Bedrooms feature flat-panel TVs, a DVD player, video-game console and high speed Wi-FI access. The hotel also boasts a spa and a restaurant with an outdoor terrace overlooking the rooftops of the city.
A luxury boutique hotel with a musical theme, the Aria Hotel Prague by Library Hotel Collection is located in the historic Mala Strana quarter, close to the castle. Spacious bedrooms feature an extensive music and DVD library and iPad and guests are treated to a complimentary welcome drink on arrival. There is also a rooftop garden terrace and a restaurant. The hotel offers direct access to the Vrtbovska Gardens which are open from April to October.