Monte Carlo & the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express
- 6 Days
- From £3,499
- Experience the luxury of Monte Carlo from one of its most iconic hotels
- Travel along the beautiful Ligurian Coastline in First Class
- One night in a luxury hotel in Venice
- Venice Simplon-Orient-Express from Venice through to London via the Italian Dolomites and Austrian Alps
- Choose your departure date
- Add extra nights & destinations
- Choose alternative hotels
- Let us suggest the most scenic routes
- First Class travel from London to Monaco and Venice
- Private car transfer between stations in Paris and on arrival in Monaco
- 3 nights’ accommodation with breakfast at the iconic Fairmont Monte Carlo
- Overnight accommodation in Venice
- Double cabin on the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express from Venice to London
- City maps and comprehensive directions to your hotels
- Clearly-presented wallets for your rail tickets, hotel vouchers and other documentation
- All credit card surcharges and complimentary delivery of your travel documents
Depart from London early in the morning on a Eurostar bound for Paris Gare du Nord. On arrival, transfer to the Gare de Lyon and catch a direct TGV service through France to the tiny principality of Monaco and its main city, Monte Carlo.
Disembark here and make your way to the Fairmont Monte Carlo (or similar), right next to the sea and a famous landmark on the Grand Prix circuit. You have a 3-night stay here.
Monte Carlo is a vibrant city, home to a very famous casino and an even more famous annual car rally and Grand Prix. Spend your time here exploring the old and new town, perhaps paying a visit to the casino and enjoying a drink overlooking the harbour with its slick yachts.
You might also like to explore along the French Riviera. Nice is only 20 minutes away by local train. There are also direct trains to Cannes, Menton and the perfume producing town of Grasse.
Leave Monte Carlo after breakfast and catch a train for the scenic journey along the Ligurian Coast and inland to Milan.
There’s plenty of time in Milan to transfer onto your onward service by high speed Italian train across to Venice where you will arrive in the mid-evening. Check into the Dona Palace Hotel (or similar), close to Santa Lucia station, for an overnight stay.
After a leisurely breakfast in your hotel (and perhaps a quick walk around the stunning canals of Venice) transfer to Santa Lucia Station and check in for your journey aboard the iconic Venice Simplon-Orient-Express. Onboard, lunch is served in one of the stunning restaurant cars before you have the chance to spend the afternoon relaxing in your cabin and enjoying afternoon tea, served by your steward. In the evening, a four course dinner is served.
Enjoy breakfast in your cabin at a time to suit you before you arrive in Paris with time to stretch your legs if you would like to. From here, the train continues to the French coast, where you will disembark and catch a train under the Channel to Folkestone. Here, join the beautiful British Pullman and enjoy afternoon tea as you make your way through rural Kent countryside to London.
Typical hotels on this itinerary
The Fairmont Monte Carlo occupies an enviable location on the last chicane of the Monte Carlo Rally and Grand Prix routes, overlooking the Mediterranean. Facilities include a rooftop swimming pool and a piano bar/ restaurant with uninterrupted sea views.
Located within 5 minutes’ walk of St Mark’s Square and the Venetian Lagoon, the Dona Palace Hotel occupies a 14th-century building on a quiet canal. Bedrooms and suites are decorated in a classic Venetian style. There is a private outdoor terrace as well as a lounge bar, serving breakfast in the morning and tea with homemade pastries in the afternoon.
Upgrade your accommodation
Located just off the famous St Mark’s Square, this splendid hotel is an icon of Venice. The hotel consists of the Bauer L’Hotel, the Casanova Rooms annexe and the palatial Bauer Il Palazzo, which fronts onto the Grand Canal. The De Pisis restaurant is known throughout the city for its quality and service.
A short boat ride on the hotel’s complimentary shuttle to St Mark’s Square, this landmark luxury hotel boasts elegant rooms with garden or lagoon views, free Wi-Fi and iPod docks. There is also a local area shuttle boat, restaurant, waterfront bistro, Olympic-sized outdoor pool, spa and tennis courts.
One of the Leading Hotels of the World, the Luna Baglioni is simply the best in Venetian opulence. Housed in a magnificent Venetian Palace, the hotel boasts an award-winning restaurant, Canova, as well as Caffe Baglioni, where delicious coffees and pastries are available throughout the day.