Budapest and the Orient-Express
- 6 Days
- From £3,099
- Beautiful Budapest, historic Hungarian capital
- Overnight journey back to London aboard the unforgettable Venice Simplon-Orient-Express
- Departures: 7 May, 1 October & 29 October 2021, 3 May & 8 June 2022
- These departures also stop in Vienna so you can choose to start your holiday there instead.
- Adapt the route to suit your plans
- Upgrade hotels
- Add extra nights, destinations and/or tours
- First Class train travel from London to Budapest including an ensuite double cabin on the sleeper train from Amsterdam to Vienna
- Return private transfer Budapest station to hotel
- 3 nights’ handpicked hotel accommodation with breakfast
- Double cabin aboard the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express from Budapest to London, via Vienna
- Clearly-presented wallets for your rail tickets, hotel vouchers and other documentation
- All credit card surcharges and complimentary delivery of your travel documents
Take the direct Eurostar service to Amsterdam and then connect onto a comfortable sleeper to Vienna, arriving the next morning. In Vienna, a simple change of trains whisks to you Budapest. On arrival, meet your driver who will take you to the Three Corners Lifestyle Hotel (or similar) for a 3-night stay.
TMR RECOMMENDS: You can also to travel to Budapest via Munich with an overnight stop there and a comfortable Railjet service the next day. Please let us know if you would prefer to take this route.
Budapest is the perfect city destination, blending history, culture, gastronomy and a modern vibe with walkable sights and a magnificent riverfront. You won’t want to miss a tour of the city’s landmark parliament building, the historic hillside castle or the views from the Fisherman’s Bastion.
We would recommend taking some time out in one of the city’s historic thermal spas. The Szechenyi Baths and Gellert Spa are the most famous, but there are plenty to choose from.
Board the gleaming carriages of the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express at Budapest Nyugati station this morning and enjoy a welcome glass of sparkling wine before settling into your private cabin. A 3-course lunch is served in one of three ornately decorated dining cars before you arrive into Vienna. Guests joining here will also be welcomed with sparkling wine and lunch. Afternoon tea and pastries are served in your cabin as you watch the changing scenery pass by your window. In the evening, it’s time to dress to impress for your leisurely 4-course dinner, followed perhaps by a night cap in the inviting bar car before returning to your cabin for the night.
Later in the morning, enjoy a sumptuous brunch in the restaurant cars as you travel on towards the English Channel. In Folkestone, the British Pullman is waiting to take you back to London. You will be served a traditional afternoon tea accompanied by a glass of English sparkling wine, before arriving into London Victoria station.
Typical hotels on this itinerary
The new Three Corners Lifestyle Hotel occupies an ideal location in the centre of Budapest. The modern, spacious bedrooms are all soundproofed, with air-conditioning, flat-screen TVs, complimentary Wi-Fi internet access and en suite bathrooms. There is a lounge bar with an open fireplace as well as an outdoor terrace where you can relax with a drink. Cardio training machines such as treadmills and exercise bikes can be brought to your room free of charge on request.
Upgrade your accommodation
Blending the sumptuous decor of royal Budapest with the five star comfort of a modern hotel, the Corinthia Hotel boasts luxurious facilities including a classic spa area with steam baths, hot tubs, mud baths and an indoor swimming pool. There are also three restaurants, a lobby bar and a cafe.
The Aria Hotel is a luxurious property located in the heart of Budapest. Bedrooms are designed around music themes and feature multimedia systems, an iPad and a Nespresso coffee machine with complimentary capsules. Other facilities include a swimming pool, spa, restaurant, rooftop bar and complimentary music library.